What information do we collect?
1. To help us deliver the best shopping experience we may collect, store and use the following kinds of information:
a) Information about your visits and activity on our website – including your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation.
b) The personal information you provide to us to purchase a product including name, address, telephone numbers and email address.
2. Payment information.
b) The card details you provide are fully encrypted and are not known to us or anyone else.
c) We do not store any payment card details on our servers.
3. Any other information that you may choose to send to us.
Why do we need this information?
1. This information is vital to allow us to process and deliver your order. This information is shared with third-party suppliers such as delivery companies who require this to deliver your order to you.
What do we use your information for?
Your data will be used for two broad purposes:
1. Marketing communications
a) Connected Essentials Limited will only send marketing communications to customers who have expressly opted-in to receive it.
1. Communications relating to your purchase
a) Connected Essentials Limited reserves the right to hold personal data for contacting you with important information about your purchase(s). Namely, order and delivery confirmations, shipping and tracking information relating to your order, issues with the processing of card payments, or in the unlikely event of a product recall.
How long do we keep your information?
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
Use of third parties
There are some instances where data is shared with third parties for the essential purpose of fulfilling your order. For example, your address is shared with our delivery companies to deliver your order. However, we only share the information that is necessary for any given purpose. Your data will never be shared with or sold to third parties for marketing purposes. We also utilise 3rd Party Cookies (e.g Google & Trustpilot) from chosen partners who provide us with website usage information and independent customer reviews of our products and service.
Other individual rights
To find out more about the rights Data Protection legislation gives to individuals, please visit the website of the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO). Connected Essentials Ltd. take data protection laws very seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure we are in full adherence to the law.
1. Site functionality cookies – These cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Basket”.
2. Site analytics cookies – These cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
3. Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping with us, these cookies will remember your preferences (such as sort order, display types etc), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
By using our site, you agree to us using cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
Your rights to access your personal information
You have a right to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. Please use the contact us page to advise us.
Keeping your information
We need to hold records of your transactions with us for legal and accounting purposes. No records of payment card details are ever stored by us or any of our suppliers.
You can request at any time to have all data about you removed. Please contact us if you wish to do so.